Closing – Friday January 11, 2019
Start Date: TBD
Please submit your resume to the Executive Director’s office or email
The Teaching Assistant will work collaboratively with the Registered Early Childhood Educator in the classroom to strengthen the quality of the program and ensure high quality experiences that lead to positive outcomes in relation to the children’s learning, development, health and well-being.
Responsibilities and Duties
- promote the health, safety, nutrition, emotional and physical well-being of all children in their care.
- support positive and responsive interactions among the children, families, co-workers and volunteers.
- encourage the children to interact and communicate in a positive way and support their ability to self-regulate.
- support learning through children’s exploration, play and inquiry.
- plan for and create positive learning environments and experiences in which each child’s learning and development will be supported.
- will foster the engagement of ongoing communication with families about the program and their child’s daily activities and development.
Qualifications and Skills
- Registered Early Childhood Educator preferred
- 2 years experience
- First Aid level C CPR
- vulnerable sector check
- food handling course
- proof of immunizations
Job Types: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 / hr plus wage enhancement